- We do not share any personal information we collect on you with any other organisations or individuals.
- We keep all information you provide to us, no matter how or why you provide it, completely confidential.
- Only those employees and contractors we specifically employ with relevant business duties may access personal information, and only to perform their duties. They are strictly prohibited from any other use.
- No personal information will be provided to any third party, except of course in the unusual event should we be required to do so by law.
- By using any of the forms on our website you agree to have your email address added to our mailing list.
- You may receive periodic mailings from us with information on services or news. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by contacting us. All emails sent will give you the option to unsubscribe.
- Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to protect any personal data users may input via this website we cannot be responsible for and therefore exclude all liability for loss or misuse of personal data which is intercepted or otherwise accessed by unauthorised persons.
- We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its requirements.
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data and have the right to amend or delete the data.
Cookies and tracking
In order to improve the overall experience of visiting our website, we use a server-based log to collect anonymous information about our website visitors. This data is only used to generate statistical charts and will not be used in any other way.
Changes to this policy
We will post any changes to this policy on our website. Those changes will then apply to any future use by you of our website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us by phone, email or post.
How to contact us
Gaeta Dental Laboratory Ltd
95A High Street
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TRADE OF GAETA DENTAL LABORATORY LTD
In these Conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- Conditions: The standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and (unless the context otherwise requires) includes any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Buyer and GDLL.
- GDLL: GAETA DENTAL LABORATORY.
- Buyer: Any person(s), firm or company that purchases Goods and/or Services from GDLL
- Contract: Any agreement between GDLL and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods and/ or the supply of Services incorporating these conditions.
- Goods: The goods agreed in the Contract to be supplied by GDLL to the Buyer.
- Services: The Services agreed in the Contract to be supplied by GDLL to the Buyer.
- Unless there is a variation under Condition 2.2 all Contracts will be on these conditions to the exclusion of all other terms (including any terms the Buyer purports to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order, specification or other document).
- These conditions apply to all GDLL’s sales and no variation of these Conditions or representation shall have any effect unless agreed in writing by an authorised official of GDLL.
- No order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by GDLL until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by GDLL or, if earlier, delivers GDLL the Goods to or performs the Services for the Buyer.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these Conditions shall be in writing addressed to that other party at its registered office or principal place of business or such address as may at the relevant time have been notified pursuant to this provision to the party giving the notice and may be delivered personally or by fax, first class recorded delivery post or first class air mail letter. A notice shall be deemed to have been served (if personally delivered) at the time of delivery or (if sent by first class recorded delivery post) forty-eight hours after posting or (if sent by first class air mail letter) ninety-six hours after posting or (if sent by fax) at the time of transmission.
- The Buyer may not assign, transfer, charge or deal in any other manner with the Contract or any of its rights under it, nor purport to do any of the same, nor subcontract any or all of its obligations under the Contract without having obtained the prior written consent of GDLL
- GDLL be entitled to assign its rights under the Contract and sub contract any or all of its obligations under the Contract to any third party.
- The price for the Goods and Services shall be as listed in GDLL’s price list as at the date of delivery in the case of the Goods or on the date of performance in the case of the Services.
- In addition to the price applicable, the Buyer must pay all value added tax (if applicable), any other taxes, levies or duties, carriage, insurance costs, loading and unloading costs.
- The Buyer will have to pay an additional delivery charge (which EDL will tell the Buyer about) if the Buyer requires GDLL to deliver the Goods or to provide the Services outside normal working hours.
- GDLL may revise its price lists from time to time without telling the Buyer but GDLL will only increase the price for the Contract between the date of the Buyer’s order and when it deliver the Goods and/or provides the Services if there is an increase in the cost of raw materials, labour and/or other production costs, changes in the types or rates of tax contributions or levies.
- GDLL will be entitled to invoice the Buyer at any time following delivery of the Goods and/or provision of the Services to the Buyer.
- The Buyer shall notify GDLL in writing of any changes in its name, address or other circumstances that may affect the payment of accounts at least 14 days in advance of the date of effect.
- PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
- Payments but, without limitation, including payment for advertising space shall be made within 30 days of the date of invoice and shall be in the currency stated on the invoice without any deduction, set-off or withholding whatsoever. Time for payment shall be of the essence.
- No payment shall be deemed to have been received until GDLL has received cleared funds.
- GDLL reserves the right to claim interest on late payment at the rate of 2% per month and claim for any trace fees and other reasonable collection costs.
- If any payment by the Buyer is overdue on this or any other Contract or the Buyer shall enter into any composition or arrangement with its creditors, or if being an incorporated company the Buyer shall have a receiver or administrator appointed or shall pass a resolution for winding up or a court shall make an order to that effect or if not being an unincorporated company the Buyer shall have a receiving order made against it or if the Buyer ceases or threatens to cease to carry on business or if there shall be any breach by the Buyer of any of these Conditions, GDLL may cancel the Contract and suspend further deliveries of Goods to and/or performance of the Services for the Buyer until payment of all outstanding amounts is made in full. If GDLL cancels any Contract, payments owing by the Buyer on all Contracts shall become payable to GDLL immediately (whether or not otherwise due at the time of cancellation by GDLL) and the Buyer’s right to possession of the Goods shall terminate.
- The Buyer will pay, on demand and on a full indemnity basis, all costs and expenses (and VAT) which GDLL may from time to time incur by reason of the Buyer’s failure to perform its obligations under the Contract.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Conditions, cancellation of an order by the Buyer, in whole or in part cannot be accepted without GDLL’s consent in writing which shall only be given if a full indemnity is given by the Buyer to GDLL. All cancellations of any order must be made in writing and cannot be accepted verbally.
- If the Buyer is a Limited Company or a Limited Liability Partnership and is unable to pay the invoice amount, then the invoice amount will be payable personally by the Directors or Partners. All loses, costs and disbursements incurred by GDLL through late payment by the Buyer, will in all cases be charged back to the Buyer.
- Delivery shall take place on despatch from GDLL’s premises.
- All delivery and performance times and dates are estimates only given in good faith but without obligation GDLL shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in delivery of the Goods or performance of the Services (even if caused by GDLL negligence). Time for delivery is not of the essence. If no dates are specified, delivery and/or performance will be within a reasonable time.
- If the Buyer (1) requests that delivery be postponed or (2) refuses to accept delivery or (3) fails to give GDLL adequate delivery instructions, then (a) risk of damage to or loss of the Goods will pass to the Buyer (including for loss or damage caused by GDLL negligence), (b) the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered, (c) GDLL may store the Goods until actual delivery and charge the Buyer for all related costs including insurance for storage, (d) GDLL may increase the price according to price lists applying at time of actual delivery and (e) GDLL may sell the Goods at the best price readily obtainable and charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price under the Contract.
- GDLL shall have no liability for non-delivery or short delivery unless notified by the Buyer in writing within two working days of due delivery date. If written notification is received GDLL liability for non-delivery or short delivery shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note against any invoice raised for the relevant Goods. If the Buyer does not notify GDLL within this time limit, the Buyer shall be deemed to have received the Goods and shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered.
- PASSING OF RISK AND PROPERTY
- Risk of loss, damage or deterioration in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer when despatched from GDLL’s premises.
- Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until GDLL has received full payment of all sums due to GDLL on any account. Until ownership of the Goods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer as bailee shall keep them safe, insured and separate and identifiable from all other Goods in its possession at no cost to GDLL. If monies on any account become overdue, the Buyer grants GDLL, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time (in addition to any other rights it may have) to enter any land or buildings where the Goods are located in order to inspect them, or where the Buyer’s right to possession has terminated to repossess and sell the Goods.
- DEFECTS AND INSPECTION OF GOODS
- The Goods are not tested and GDLL gives no warranty to the Buyer in relation to the Goods. All warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Any claim by the Buyer based on a defect in the quality or condition of the Goods must be notified to GDLL by the Buyer in writing within 5 days from the time of delivery or collection. Notice must be other than by consignment note.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods and shall be bound to pay the price if it fails to comply with condition 8.2. It is the responsibility of the Buyer (at its own expense) to return defective Goods to GDLL’s premises for inspection if requested to do so by GDLL within 14 days of delivery. For the purposes of condition 8.2, time shall be of the essence.
- Where the Buyer complies with conditions 8.2, at GDLL’s discretion, GDLL shall replace or repair the defective Goods or refund the price to the Buyer. GDLL shall have no further liability to the Buyer for any defect in the Goods in any event.
- EXPORT TERMS
- Unless any special terms are agreed in writing between authorised representatives of the Buyer and GDLL, where the Goods are supplied for export from the United Kingdom the Buyer shall be responsible (at its own expense) for complying with any legislation or regulations governing the importation of the Goods into the country of destination (including obtaining relevant licences, permits and permissions) and for the payment of any duties and for supplying all relevant details to the Seller where delivery is to be made at the Buyer’s premises
- Unless the Goods are to be collected by the Buyer or its carrier from GDLL’s premises, the Goods shall be delivered at the Buyer’s nominated premises (as agreed by GDLL).
- The maximum aggregate liability of GDLL, its employees and agents for breach of contract, misrepresentation, misstatement or other tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract shall so far as permitted by law be limited to the price paid to GDLL under the Contract. Nothing in these conditions shall exclude GDLL liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- GDLL shall not be liable for any loss of profit or for any indirect or consequential loss or depletion of goodwill or loss of business nor costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation whatsoever that arises out of or in connection with the Contract.
- GDLL reserves the right to defer the date of delivery or to cancel the Contract or reduce the volume of the Goods ordered by the Buyer (without liability to the Buyer) if it is prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of its business due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, government actions, war or national emergency, armed conflict, terrorist attack, terrorist activity, riot, blockades, embargoes, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, blackouts, malicious damage, strikes, or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to GDLL’s workforce) or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, labour, fuel, parts of machinery, or import or export regulations or embargoes. If the event in question continues for a continuous period in excess of 20 days the Buyer shall be entitled to give notice in writing to GDLL to terminate the contract.
- CREDIT SEARCHES
10.1 When the Buyer applies to open a credit account, GDLL will check the following records about the person submitting the credit account application on behalf of the Buyer, the Buyer and its business partners: (i) GDLL own records, (ii) personal and business records at Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) – when CRAs receives a search it will place a search footprint on the business credit files that may be seen by other lenders and they will supply to EDL both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information, (iii) those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs), (iv) if the person submitting the Order on the Buyer’s behalf is a director, GDLL will seek confirmation from CRAs that the residential address that is provided is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors’ usual addresses at Companies House.
10.2 GDLL will make checks such as assessing the credit account application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering and may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage the Buyer’s credit account with us.
10.3 Information on credit account applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them, including information on the Buyer’s business and its