Denture Cleaning & Care
Step 1. Remove dentures and brush any food debris under warm running water.
Step 2. Place a towel in the sink so that the dentures won’t break if you drop them.
Step 3. Warm soapy water and a small amount of washing up liquid is a good pre-soak for 2 minutes, then rinse the soap off before using any denture cream.
Step 4 . Use a denture cream, soap or a non abrasive toothpaste and a soft bristled toothbrush on your denture and natural teeth and also clean your tongue and palate.
Step 5. Rinse your dentures with clean water before replacing, these solutions can contain harmful chemicals that cause vomiting, pain or burns if swallowed.
Remember to *Rinse *Soak *Brush *Rinse
Denture care recommendations:
- If you notice a build up of stubborn stains or scale, you can have your dentures cleaned.
- Do not to scrub your denture too hard as this may cause grooves in the surface and encourage bacterial growth to form. Stiff-bristled brushes, strong cleansers and harsh and abrasive toothpastes, can also damage dentures
- Call us promptly if your dentures become loose as this can cause irritation, sores and infection.Place your dentures into a cleaning solution (effervescent solution ) following the manufacturers instructions
- Check you are using the correct cleaning soak as some contain corrosives (Chlorine)and will damage your Chrome dentures, be sure you don’t bend your denture especially any with plastic or metal clasps.
- Attend regular dental checkups, even if you are an edentulous (have no remaining teeth)
- Denture Cleaning service is available Price £30.00.
Joe Gaeta is a qualified Clinical Dental Technician (CDT) and has over 30 years experience
You can request an appointment to see Joe CDT at one of our participating surgeries:
Two Mile Ash Dental & Implant Surgery (Monday evenings) on: 01908 569292 website:twomileash.com
Wilson House Dental Surgery (Wednesday Afternoons) on: 01908 611478 website: wilsonhousedentslpractce.com
Oxford House Dental Surgery (Thursday Afternoons) on : 01908 373614 website: mkdentist.co.uk
Alternately please call the Joe on : 07966491895 to arrange: gaetadental.co.uk