Denture Cleaning & Care
*Denture Cleaning & Care is important, the best way to keep your dentures clean, please follow these easy steps to keep your dentures clean.
*Remove dentures and brush any food debris under warm running water.
*Place a towel in the sink so that the dentures won’t break if you drop them.
*Be sure you don’t bend your denture especially any with plastic or metal clasps.
*Check you are using the correct cleaning soak as some contain corrosives (Chlorine)and will damage your Chrome dentures.
*Warm soapy water and a small amount of washing up liquid is a good pre-soak for 2 minutes, then rinse the soap off before using any denture cream.
*Stiff-bristled brushes, strong cleansers and harsh and abrasive toothpastes, can damage your dentures.
*Careful not to scrub your denture too hard as this may cause grooves in the surface and encourage bacterial growth to form.
* Denture cream and a soft bristled brush is good to use when cleaning all denture surfaces.
* Use a soft-bristled toothbrush on natural teeth and also clean your tongue and palate.
* Rinse your dentures with clean water before replacing, these solutions can contain harmful chemicals that cause vomiting, pain or burns if swallowed.
* Denture care recommendation: At least once a week place your dentures into a cleaning solution (effervescent solution )
* Please follow the manufacturers instructions.
*Remember to *Rinse *Soak *Brush *Rinse
*The use of an effervescent denture cleaner will help remove stubborn stains and leave your denture feeling fresher, this is especially important if you use any kind of denture fixative.
*Attend regular dental checkups.
Call us promptly if your dentures become loose as this can cause irritation, sores and infection.
- If you notice a build up of stubborn stains or scale, you can have your dentures cleaned.
- Denture Cleaning service is available Price £30.00.
Joe Gaeta is a qualified Clinical Dental Technician (CDT) and has over 30 years experience
On referral from dentists, Joe sees patients for new dentures. As a Clinical Dental Technician Joe is also able to assist you on any questions or concern’s you may have about dentures.
Please call for a Denture consultation appointment with Joe Gaeta CDT at participating surgeries.
Gaeta Dental Laboratory Ltd, provides dental appliances and laboratory services for dental surgeries in the Milton Keynes area.
For Dental Surgery enquiries: To request a collection & Price List call us on 01908 614156