GAETA DENTAL LABORATORY LTD
The current advice is that that the risk to the UK has now been increased form medium to high
Therefore, if you have either:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- Difficulty breathing
You should stay at home and self-isolate. It is advisable to access NHS 111 online to get further advice. If your symptoms worsen or are no better after 7 days, then you should contact NHS 111
For patients who have relevant travel history, OR for someone who has had contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19, they should self-isolate for 14 days whether they have any symptoms or not
The health and safety of our dentists, patients and our team is our number one priority. We are very much aware of the growing concerns around coronavirus (Covid-19) and the important role that both our teams have, in keeping healthy. We wanted to let you know of the extra preventative steps we are taking.
- We have updated our our infection control policy.
- Updated our staff training in Covid -19 guidance.
- Displaying signage for anyone entering the laboratory reception.
- Re:Catch it, Bin it, Kill it and Hand washing guidelines.
- We are keeping up to date with Public Health England,GDC Guidance. We are following new guidance from BACDT on denture repairs.
- Before accepting receipt of a denture repair, a check that the patient hasn’t been in any of the high risk locations within the last 14 days.
- If a patient is a high risk we would politely refuse the denture repair until the patient has been through the recommended incubation period.
- We use separate lathe brushes and pumice troughs from those used in the manufacturing of new dentures.
- Disinfecting all burs and lathe brushes after use.
A high standard of infection control is of prime importance in our laboratory. It is essential to the safety of all who come into contact with our laboratory. Every member of staff has received training in all aspects of infection control, including decontamination of impressions, appliances and equipment.If there is any aspect that is not clear, or you have any questions regarding infection control this please ask, Mr Joe Gaeta Infection Control Lead.
Hayley Joe Luke & Gary